What causes the alternator to overheat?
The alternator has experienced excessive temperature during use, so what is the cause? How should it be solved? The alternator small series introduces you.
(1) The alternator does not operate according to the specified technical conditions. If the stator voltage is too high, the iron loss increases; if the load current is too large, the copper loss of the stator winding increases; if the frequency is too low, the cooling fan speed becomes slow, affecting the AC. Generator heat dissipation; power factor is too low, so that the rotor excitation current increases, causing the rotor to heat up. The indication of the monitoring instrument should be checked for properness. If it is not normal, the necessary adjustments and treatments must be carried out to operate the alternator in accordance with the specified technical conditions.
(2) The three-phase load current of the alternator is unbalanced, and the overloaded one-phase winding will overheat; if the difference of the three-phase current exceeds 10% of the rated current, it is a serious 蛄 phase current imbalance, and the three-phase current imbalance will A negative sequence magnetic field is generated, which increases the loss and causes the components such as the pole winding and the ferrule to generate heat. The three-phase load should be adjusted to keep the phase currents as balanced as possible.
(3) The air duct is blocked by dust and the ventilation is poor, which makes the alternator difficult to dissipate heat. The dust and grease should be removed from the air duct and the air passage should be unobstructed.
(4) If the inlet air temperature is too high or the inlet water temperature is too high, the cooler is blocked. The inlet or inlet temperature should be lowered to remove blockages from the cooler. The alternator load should be limited to reduce the alternator temperature before the fault is eliminated.
(5) If the bearing is too rich or too little, the grease should be added according to the regulations, usually 1/2~1/3 of the bearing chamber (the upper limit of the low speed, the lower limit of the high speed), and not more than 70% of the bearing chamber is suitable.
(6) Bearing wear. If the wear is not serious, the bearing is partially overheated; if the wear is severe, the stator and the rotor may be rubbed, causing the stator and the rotor to avoid overheating. The bearing should be inspected for noise. If the stator and rotor are found to be in friction, stop immediately to repair or replace the bearing.
(7) The insulation of the stator core is damaged, causing short circuit between the sheets, causing the eddy current loss of the core to increase and heat, and the stator winding may be damaged in severe cases. It should be shut down immediately for maintenance.
(8) The parallel wires of the stator winding are broken, so that the current of other wires increases and heats up. It should be shut down immediately for maintenance.